Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Decor...





So Luke quit his job to become a freelance interior decorator. I'm so proud of him cause I don't see him doing anything else right now. We went to The Bay to shop for all the little fixings that people NEED (ha!) for their house. It was amazing, I kinda forgot what Christmas was all about... and I think I might really like it this year. There was soooo many different sections, and themes... mine was definitely the shiny gold department. Oh shiny things!!!! How I love you so...

Some things did make me sad, but I tired not too look into it, I was having a really good time just playing around with all the different things that people use to saturate their homes for some ridiculous hallmark holiday. I love trees, and to see these little sparkle covered spruces all lined up in a row in these tiny plastic boxes broke my heart. Nothing is ever good enough for anyone anymore. As they shuffle though all the other dissatisfied people looking for the perfect ornament to impress the neighbors with, one would pick up the little box with slight interest, open it, pull out a little tree and think "huh, that's it!?" shove it back in and not even pay attention to the little glitter covered branches, bending and breaking them in the process.

I would be the happiest girl in the world if all I had was one shiny tree.

No comments: