Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome Home (back to reality)






This is it. Not exactly what I had in mind. I would have like to have made more bullrush thingys, and made little stuffy monsters, but I didn't have enough time. I also wished that the gallery wall's were higher, and that the lace curtains that I had were longer. What I wanted was the curtains to trail along the floor and then run up the wall, then have three pedastools at different heights with the books on them. I also wanted there to be a bunch of lace all over the floor, as well as a lace canopy around the whole installation. Oh well. Perhaps when I have more money and time.

The books themselves didn't really turn out how I wanted them to be either. The opposite side of the print I wanted to draw behind the lace before I covered it, (no time) and I wanted to have more pop up drawings. To me everything just looks like it's not finished.

Am I happy with it? Am I ever happy with my work?

Its ok, I like the outside of the books, and I really like the prints. I was trying to get a gold sheen over top of the litho print. I mixed makeup with some screen base and printed it over top. It turned out well, but it didn't shine. The UV base is really matte as it is, and my thread count was too high. I'll try again with my next project.


It's ok. Not my best work... but better then the last.

The lighting had not been adjusted yet, so maybe that will make a difference. Ha!

Here are some photos of my first solo show ever (posted below.) Two different concepts. Thats because the first one was for other's and this one is for myself. I stopped making art for others. I mean, did I ever? kinda. People always comment on how my work is very dreamy.

"Its just my brain" is my reply.

No comments: