Saturday, April 26, 2008

tapes n' stuff n' past n' things


So spring is here. I never really got the "jist" of downloading music over the winter. I tried. Some one once told me that "trying is dying." Ya well, what benefit did I gain from it anyway? I banged on some keys and got a bunch of shit that I didn't ask for. I have to spend more time then I have to find the correct order of the album, and to check and see if all the songs are even there. I suppose I got some good outta it. I do have a vast libary of music on and off of the tuter... reguardless, it still wanst good enough. So its nice out side, and I can open my window, and I'm drawin like a maniac... what to listen to? Ahhhh yes, break out the tapes. Oh man... they say that smell is the greatest sense of memory, but I beg to differ. I can listen to these tapes and tell you excatly where I was, how old I was, what I was doing, what I was wearing, who I was with, how I felt... everything... I could totally recreate exactly what I was experiencing at that moment that I first felt that song. Amazing really... can anyone else do that? I had a dentist once that told me that I should write a book... im a horrible writer, but it would be a good story, I can tell you that much.

what would I recommend? huh... well, thats tricky... here let me brief it for you.

1996/97.... Arron Rosso, Melissa Anne Bouchand, Josh Toews, illicit, SNUG, young and too smart, firehall, freedom beyond control. contradiction, is it? if you only knew....

It might be dated, or blah, or unreferencing for some, but Roni Size- New Forums can make me cry. The guys a fuckin genius...

Oh and to add to the list... 2 best songs for my entire life soundtrack:

1.) Freak Flow-Tits- Foul Play-Music is the key feat. Denise Gordon

2.) Aphrodite vs. Mickey Finn- Wishing on a star

If you know anything about music, then these samples shouldn't be hard to guess.

No comments: